Cattails & Snow Curves

Cattails and Snow, High Level, Alberta 1

Cattails and Snow, High Level, Alberta 1

I’m liking these cattails and the lengthening curves of the snow in which they are set.

Listening to – Tim Reynolds fret a number from the Live at Radio City concert with Dave Matthews, ‘You Are My Sanity’; then it’s Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds with a Neil Young tune, ‘Down by the River.’

Quote to Inspire – “I really don’t have any idea about photography, but I take pictures.” – Alex Majoli

10 comments for “Cattails & Snow Curves

1. March 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM

This is a gorgeous photo!

• March 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Hey there, Angeline …

Good to read! Compositionally, I’m still trying to understand the elements in the photo and how they draw my attention.

I enjoyed looking at your photo of the old-timer enjoying a coffee … there’s much there!

Thank you for looking in …. 😉

2. March 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Beautiful!

• March 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hey there … thank you for your kinds words.

I appreciate the words you’ve set in your poem ‘Unfailing Love.’ Thank you.

3. March 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Beautiful photo.

• March 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Hey there, Maralee:

Thank you for looking in, these kind words … and thank you also for being someone whose photographing icicles; I enjoyed your Abstracts III on ‘Through My Lens’.

Take care … 🙂

4. March 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Beautiful photo – so peaceful!

• March 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Hey there, Kirsty:

At rest, no work, no movement – peaceful.

I’m liking your photos of Bath; you remind me of Chaucer’s Merry Wife and that bawdy planting of a kiss. And, I was unaware that Ms. Austen lived in Bath … though my year two lit prof, Juliet McMaster, probably referred to it as we took-in all that ‘Emma’ was about. Your image of her street following the film ‘Becoming Jane,’ more than a few times opens out a little more sense of place. The battle in my parents’ household author-wise was about whether intellect should guide passion (Austen) or passion guide one’s thinking and actions (Bronte). In 1981, I listened to an audio-recording of ‘Emma’, an abridged Listen-for-pleasure audiobook my father brought back to Canada and Edmonton from W H Smith … the first of several listenings back in the days of Sony Walkmans and that first Literature course at the University of Alberta with Amin Malak. There was much to learn and make sense of in each listening.

Good memories … 😉

5. LB
    April 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Ditto everyone (well that’s not very creative is it?) but yes … Ditto! 🙂

• April 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Hey there, LB:

‘Brevity is the soul of wit,’ … and much fun. Bill Shakespeare has Hamlet of Elsinore saying as much.

Ditto … for me, too.