Totally an interesting day, yesterday – to post and then to return later and have not just Gina from The Regina Chronicles nominate my photoblog for an award, but also to receive nomination from Jeremy of 365 photos by Jeremy for the Versatile blogger award. Thank you Jeremy for this nomination and for the intrigue and interest you present the In My Back Pocket – Photography photoblog. More than you know the tribute/nomination hits home well. I am grateful.
The weblink above is an animoto of images posted on In My Back Pocket – Photography; have a look. 🙂
The Fifteen Blogs to Recommend and Explore
- Teklanika Photography Field Journal
- To A Dusty Shelf We Aspire
- A Traveller’s Tale
- The Regina Chronicles
- Leanne Cole’s Blog
- Niltsi’s Spirit
- Blue Line
- Not Yet There
- Not Yet There
- Greenford 365
- Mars Black Vintage
Seven Things About Me
- An audiobook listener since 1981 – Emma by Jane Austen was first, Shakespeare’s Hamlet was second, then Thomas Hardy’s The Mayor of Castorbridge; all were audiocassettes put out by Listen for Pleasure and used on a variety of Sony Walkmans.
- I’ve completed two half-marathons – the first in two hours, fifty-one minutes and the second at age forty-nine in two hours, fourteen minutes.
- My middle brother introduced me to the Canon T70 SLR camera I bought somewhere around 1985-87 and I’ve two framed pictures of Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia on our kitchen wall, twins to the pair my father has hanging on his bedroom wall in his retirement home.
- I was made a school administrator, one-hundred and forty days into teaching. My teaching has all been north of Latitude 54.
- In terms of my love for vehicles, I aspire one-day to help in the beginning-to-end, front-to-back restoration of a rusting relic – just to be a part of the transformation.
- In terms of vehicles and vehicles I feel safe in – we’ve owned three Nissan Pathfinders (same series 1991-1995), a Dodge Dakota, a Dodge Colt, a Dodge Spirit, a Jeep Grande Cherokee, two Toyota Camrys (1991 – 2010), an Aries K-Car, a Hyundai Santa Fe and Nissan Altima; all are good vehicles. In terms of handling muck, cold, snow and ice, I’d go with the Nissan Pathfinder (with manual transmission and good tires, SE if possible).
- Our Dogs – we’ve had a wolf-Lab cross (Chrissy), a Siberian Husky (Katya) and currently have a Cocker-spaniel (Shadow).
Listening to – John Cougar Mellencamp’s Rumbleseat and You’ve Got to Stand for Something, Dire Straits’ the Bug and U2’s When Love Comes to Town.
Quote to Inspire – “I always thought good photographs were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it isn’t that good.” – Anonymous
9 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger …”
Well deserved, if I don’t say so myself! I have recently been turned onto audio books; I’ve found lots of them in the public domain that are free and love them! My 2-3hrs in the car each day go by too quick, sometimes 🙂 Congrats!!!
Congrats on this well-deserved award and thanks for recommending my blog 🙂
Hey there, Gina:
Definitely … yours is a site to recommend and a site that draws awareness and goodwill to what’s happening in the world around us. My apologies for not responding sooner and thank you for the congratz. This week hasn’t been the fifty hour week this time … it’s been much, much bigger – a time to do one’s best, to roll with punches, to seize the camera with discipline when possible and a time to see things through well. The breadth of what’s been at play is enormous. And, in doing good, your goodwill and encouragement counts.
No doubt you’ve seen this quote; its core message is something you already understand … “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.” – William Arthur Ward
Take care …
What a beautiful quote! Thanks so much for your encouragement. I believe people are waking up more and more every day. I’m seeing lots of positive changes and hope you are as well. Be well and stay blessed. Hope this week is a good one for you.
Thanks, Gina … you too. 🙂
Yeah! Another Versatile Blogger! Congratulations!
Hey there, Russell:
Thanks for your congratulations on the Versatile Blogger award. It’s interesting to be recognized for something I enjoy – perhaps that’s part of the key. 🙂
Congratulations! Very well deserved!
Anne … thank you. 🙂