Accommodated – Photos

9 52 Ford Panel Van - Haleiwa, Oahu

9 52 Ford Panel Van – Haleiwa, Oahu

10 Waves - Sandy Beach, Oahu

10 Waves – Sandy Beach, Oahu

11 Surfer - Sandy Beach, Oahu

11 Surfer – Sandy Beach, Oahu

My wife and daughter are very gracious about accommodating me and the opportunity of a photograph. On my side, what is balanced is seeing a possible photo from the vehicle against the need to proceed onward with the journey with my family. My daughter and wife are avid readers. So, in stopping for a photograph, they usually have had a book going that they are eager to delve into. Over two weeks on Oahu my daughter read ten books (at the beach, in restaurants, in the car and late at night) – something you’d not have caught me doing at her age; I’d be out doing … something. Over the two weeks, we circumnavigated Oahu perhaps three or four times seeing the island fresh and then growing more and more familiar with the landscape and getting out for a few photographs. The following images are from Oahu’s North Shore and from southern Oahu at Sandy Beach and Diamond Head.

Listening to: John O’Donohue’s Greenbelt interview with Martin Rowe (August 2007).

Quote to Inspire – “Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.” – Henri Cartier Bresson

7 comments for “Accommodated – Photos

1. treneebolton
    August 9, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Beautiful photos! You’re very lucky to have a wife and daughter that are so patient 🙂

• August 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hey there, Trenee:

I am also lucky to have the encouragement of my wife and daughter (and son).

Thanks for looking in. 😉

• treneebolton
        August 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

You definitely are! 🙂

2. August 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Great surf!

• August 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Hello, hello …

In Oahu, it occurred to me that Honolulu might be the equidistant point between New Zealand and Northern Alberta. We definitely met a few Kiwis in our travels and at day’s end gatherings in Waikiki.

Good to have you checking in …:)

3. August 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM

10 Waves looks fantastic. It’s good you can all accommodate your passions together. Sometimes it’s hard to do.

• August 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

#10’s waves is the one my wife was impressed with, too.

Accommodating passions together – that probably says something about years of growth & relationship, together, I’d imagine.

You have me thinking of Virginia Satir and relationships being dependent and independent — good psychology from many years ago.

Cool schtuff! 😉